10/11/09

The art of conversation...

of good conversation
is to have no vested interest in the outcome
to be able to say what needs to be said
and hear what needs to be heard without manipulating the resolution

that's hard when you DO care about what MIGHT happen because of your conversation
but i'm learning that it's more important to have SAID it than whatever might happen because it was SAID

it's more important to me
because I eat when I should talk

I need to talk today
because I need to be heard
not because I need you to do something
if you do something because of my words it is because you chose to do so, not because I said so
the words i have to say could be misconstrued
but that is not because i meant them that way
it is because that is the way they were heard

i am not anticipating an outcome
i need to say these words
they are not judging, accusing or condescending words
they are words i have to say
and they are words you need to hear
because we are in relationship
we relate
we commune



we live
we love
we forgive and never give up
'cause the days we are given are gifts from above
and today we remember to live and to love (superchic[k])

No comments: