10/9/09

I eat when I have to talk

I have to tell the hub that he has to finish the porch
The porch has been in a state of disrepair for at least 2 weeks (really longer...but 2 weeks ago is when the construction started)

It's bothered me since my gluten melt down.
Construction started, new stairs are built, but the railing hasn't been put up to block off the old stairs and there are still scraps of lumber in the yard and I hate it
It's definitely NOT what I like to see when I come home (especially after a 9.5 hr day)
So I ate today
I haven't binged in about 2 months so I was hyper aware of it
A family meal over the summer showed me that I eat when I have to talk, I'm sure it's so I can stuff the words back down.
So, when he gets home from skating tonight
or sometime tomorrow (if he gets home too late tonight)
I'll say, "Hon, I need you to finish the porch."

I have a feeling since I typed it that way, that's the way I need to say it
Not "can we work on the porch this Sunday"
Not "you know hon I've realized that when I eat it's because I need to say something so I think the thing I need to say is that the porch is really bugging me coz it's not done"
Not "treat the porch like a job and put it on your calendar"

Just "Hon, I need you to finish the porch"


Amen

No comments: