6/24/10

Things that make me feel GOOD

In two weeks I start EMDR. Part of my preparations is to list at least one way (per day) that I made my heart 'gush.'

Heart gush comes from my "Always remember..." notebook that I started when I first met my husband.
It's a simple little notebook where I write one liners that remind me of times my hub made my heart gush with love for him. Little books like this are necessary because it's easier to get hung up on piddly little things that make you mad at times.

So my counselor charged me with writing down things that I do for myself that make my heart gush
I haven't written any...I've thought of some but haven't taken the time to put pen to paper
so I'm putting pad to key

  • I chose NOT to battle with my son about a napkin
  • I bought amazingly fantastically funky curtains for the living room
  • I sang my birthday song LOUD in the living room on my birthday while dancing like a happy me
  • I painted the 2nd coat on the living room walls...it feels so nummy in there with the great colors
  • I LOVE MY decorating style :)
  • I've been dressing more 'babsy' lately
So the running theme is I've been letting my creativity flow
I notice tunes humming through my head (and out my lips) more often now and lyrics dancing around my brain...earworms planted years ago only to resurface as I sweep the floor or re-tie a bow so it's "just so."
I even dabbed a dot of patchouli on each wrist and behind my ears

Huh, whodathought that being myself would make my heart gush
now THAT phrase just made me chuckle
Miss AuthentiCity :)

1 comment:

mariposai said...

What a lovely happy post :-D

xxx