7/7/10

Love, it's contagious

This week I'm in the City of Brotherly Love working a conference.
This is a pretty big deal for me because
  1. This is a pretty big conference
  2. The team I'm working with includes some "big guns"
  3. I have a tendency to devalue my work
  4. I have NONE of my support system here in Philly
In looking back over the week that lead up to my departure flight I note some very calculated choices I made (consciously or otherwise) that PROVE that somewhere inside myself...I love and care about ME.

If you've been following for a while, you know that Proud always cometh before a Binge.
I was selected, from how ever many submissions, to be on the team working this conference. Someone believed I 'bring the goods' well enough to add me to this illustrious list of interpreters. *gulp*
Presenters at this event are BIG names within the community and I am putting voice to their words *gulp*
Yesterday, I was on the team assigned to the business meeting...you know, officers, board members, delegates...and I DID WELL. Actually, to coin a phrase my daughter used, I'm pretty sure I 'knocked it out 'da park!' *double gulp*

In packing my bag for this trip I included my yoga mat and one of my yoga DVD's. It's Wednesday and I haven't gotten a full practice session in but I brought them, because I knew I'd need them, and seeing my mat inviting me to partake in a sun salutation in the middle of the day makes me feel supported.

I also packed my nail kit with a fun color for my toes and a professional color for my fingers.
I haven't painted them yet, but seeing my kit on the bathroom counter reminds me I have a way, should I need it, to reward myself for a job well done that does NOT include food.

I'm staying across the street from what has to be one of the world's most fantastic markets so I have access to fresh food and many gluten free offerings at any time and I've treated myself to fresh carrot/beet/celery juice every day I've been here.

I don't feel deprived, I've (for the most part) stopped questioning "Why am I here" and feel good about the rest of the week!

See, there is something to this LOVE stuff afterall :) I've come a long way from just hitting 'publish post.'

1 comment:

mariposai said...

Wow well done! Sounds like a great and well deserved opportunity. You absolutely deserve to be there and proud of it. It sounds as though you are coping well too - I'm proud of you :-)

Sarah x