8/26/10

Yesterday

Yesterday, someone called and asked me for a ride
This doesn't seem like much but it's one of the girls on my cheer squad and she didn't call anyone else, she asked me for help...she knew I'd give it.

Yesterday, someone was persistent in picking my brain for ways to stretch specific muscles.
She knows I'm a trained yoga instructor and is struggling with some particular points she just can't reach.
It took me a moment to realize that she was ASKING for my expertise and when I did, and gave her my full attention, she got what she needed.

Yesterday, someone asked how to handle a particularly sticky situation
She knows that I have "a way with words" (as she put it) and wants to know how to use them too.
She recognized my gift and asked that I share it with her. I did.

Other people see in me the things that I am trying to be
I need to stop and see what they see.

1 comment:

mariposai said...

Wow. Yes this is definitely a compliment to both you and your abilities. Often it takes others to highlight the qualities in ourselves that are wonderful when we are unable to given them the acknowledgement they deserve...

Sarah x