5/20/10

Woman earns Masters with honors, Cannot attend commencement ceremonies because she won't fit out the door...News at 11

There is definitely something to this school = eating equation...
Again today...it was everything I could do to keep myself from a drive through
I did it
I kept myself from every intimidating fast food sign, made it to school and cooked the dinner I packed
I bought 2 diet sodas from the vending machine to make it through the night (4 hr class.........zzzzzzz)

I did start my period yesterday
and I'm missing opening night of my daughter's play tonight (but will see another show)
I even contemplated "skipping" class so I could go to the show but...

  • next week is midterm and if I miss review...I'll bomb the midterm (I know this teacher)
  • there are other performances this weekend
  • my hub, boys, and some extended family will be there tonight
...and most importantly, I was SEARCHING for a good excuse to skip class
which is somehow tied to drive-through desire on school nights
and I can't do either...skip, or hit a drive through
so I'm not

I'm here, in class waiting for the clock to strike 6pm and lecture to start.
I left a special gift for my mini me and hub gave it to her before he dropped her off backstage...
She loved it
She knows I love her
I'm in class
and I'm not eating...

I'll take it

1 comment:

mariposai said...

Well done you! That is a fantastic achievement, and good luck to your daughter too. I love the way you have rationalised things, and that your daughter knows you love her, you can see her on one of the other nights, and you are also taking good care of you.

:-)

Sarah x