8/22/09

aw heck I'll just put it here


I didn't want to

the whole way driving home from Tampa (yes, I got a frosty and a small fry), I was contemplating how tired I was and how I really didn't feel like breaking out the treadmill...
But, the whole way TO Tampa this morning I listened to several versions of "Couch to 5k" podcasts to find the one that would motivate me the most.

I think I've decided on a combination of all 3 podcasts I DL'd from iTunes. I have to hit the treadmill 3 times a week so I'll just alternate options so I don't get bored.

So today was my first day...I actually did ALL the intervals except for the very last running interval and felt pretty good. If someone had been there yelling at me, I may have done the final interval too...but I did get a wee bit nauseous during my after session stretch so I probably did a good job listening to my body.
Heck...I didn't think I'd make it near as far as I did
I thought for sure I'd have to quit half way through
I thought for sure I'd have to do more walking than jogging during the faster intervals...but I didn't :)

So I'll have to find a local 5k to participate in as a goal and celebration
and maybe this potato will be ready for a bikini

1 comment:

Dear Body said...

Good FOR YOU!!!! Yea. I'm not doing so hot in my 5k training and I'm rather frustrated because I'm not getting anywhere! I have shin splints so bad and am having a hard time even walking as a warm up. I'm going to try today to run outside and see if that makes a difference.
I gotta catch up on your blog and read further down!
Take care!