12/13/09

Admission

Tonight we worked on Bm's geography project as a fam... we recreated the Hanging Gardens of Babylon in Cake.
It was a great night
Seeing all of our ideas come together for the completed project was awesome! We played Christmas carols and everyone chipped in (#1son decided he wanted to stay at his mom's this week that's another post)...

I asked my fam to help me stay away from the frosting
see...tubs of frosting are not safe for me
I will eat the whole thing
not just a finger-ful or spoonful...but whatever is left in the plastic tub and I'll lick it clean
Frosting has always been a binge food
Frosting with peanut butter...look out

I know there have been times I've tried to bury it in the garbage only to dig it out hours later

So I said that I couldn't be near it
even admitted that I've been known to eat an entire tub
and whatever is left has to go down the disposal

You know what...my family didn't flinch
they didn't say "YOU EAT TUBS OF FROSTING!?!?!? HOW GROSS!"
They just said okay
helped me not even get a smidge on my fingers to lick (and thus start the craving)
and went on with the project.

When all was said and done, the excess went down the disposal and that was it
No judging, no frowning, no shameful looks, no disgust
Just support
I just realized that as I sat here to type this...pretty cool!

I couldn't believe I actually admitted it
I'm glad I did

No comments: