12/6/09

Homework








My first visit at WPF was a good one.
Turns out because I'm a student I get a reduced rate...which means I can afford a visit every other week without going over budget. A nice gift from the Universe!

I mentioned to my counselor that I was thinking about trying on an OA meeting and after answering a few intake questions, she agreed that it might be a good idea...to see how it feels and if any of the information resonates well. My plan is to do that on alternating weeks.

I treated myself to a new journal for this journey

which I absolutely LOVE (thank you Borders for the 30% off coupon!)
It will hold my thoughts and my homework throughout the process...

My first homework assignment is to list all the weight loss methods/programs/attempts I can remember listing whether or not they were successful.

Well, none of them were successful...but you know what I mean.
I'm 3 pages into my list 
3 PAGES of SINGLE LINE ENTRIES!
Stuff I remember from as far back as 10 years old...

Although this doesn't surprise me...I definitely notice that even when I have been "successful" with my weight loss attempts, I never FELT successful at the time
What I'd give now to be where I was 2 years ago, and 2 years ago, I thought I was fat.
I may have binged on a bag of baby carrots...which is ultimately better than a box of Little Debbie's ...but it was still a binge

So...to date, there has been no such thing as a successful weight loss attempt because success is not measured in actual weight lost.





No comments: