12/24/09

Mom in the mirror


It's not a bad thing...
If you knew my mother...you wouldn't mind looking like her too
but today I see myself in the screen (I'm on screen all day)
and the other day I saw myself in the mirror and thought
"yup...gonnabe40soonmombody'
but it wasn't really a bad thing
it was an acceptance thing

NO, I don't want to be an overweight, tired, lazy, eating bonbons kinda mom body
but for the first time that I can recall...I wasn't looking at myself through the "you should be a desperate housewife" kinda mom body

I think that's a better starting point
I'm coming into acceptance of being older (mind you, I've never had a desperate housewife kinda body)
but I think i've always had a distorted ideal
strike that
I KNOW I've always had a distorted ideal
even when I was at a healthy weight...I felt fat and complained about being fat

Today I do feel fat
I've complained, in my brain, about being fat
clothes that fit me...just last month, not 4 years ago...are not comfortable
so there is action that needs to be taken
but this time, the finish line looks a little different...and maybe, a bit more attainable?

Merry Christmas

No comments: