2/1/10

Demons in the Break Room

The Devil has arrived
Nutty Bars and Cosmic Brownies
Oh the break room at work has been a den of demons for a while, but little debbie takes the cake

You know what the saddest thing is? THEY'RE NOT EVEN THAT GOOD!
I have succumbed to many a binge in the rectangular box of sickeningly sweet individually wrapped snacks.
I absolutely cannot stand the taste or texture of Oatmeal Cream Pies, but I have eaten 6 in a row.
When I really think about it, a Star Crunch really tastes like what I imagine plastic would taste like
Nutty Bars taste like cardboard soaked in grainy peanut butter and Cosmic Brownies taste like chocolate paste!
But oh have I eaten them
and hidden the evidence
and felt the remorse
and in my latter years...the punishment of the gluten tearing up my body.

Hormones have been raging the past few days but I've been able to keep myself in check
And actually...although my heart raced to see the tiny, brightly colored, hard decorations on the cosmic brownies starting up at me from the snack basket...I was able to walk away from them. (I originally typed 'I didn't want them' but that somehow, somewhere felt like a half truth)

I cannot have these in the house
I know this
My kids haven't complained, I keep other snack options in the house

I haven't felt 'S T R E S S E D' to the point lately that I'd mindlessly rip open the plastic and inhale a nutty bar and I've been great about making sure I bring my own food and snacks...

But to be safe...I'm not taking my breaks in the break room...  it seems as though my body appreciates our office iJoy massage chair MUCH more than a damned little debbie snack cake!

1 comment:

Lou Lou said...

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww that chair must be heaven!!!!!!!!!!!!!a-mazing!