3/24/09

hunger

at lunch with the hub today
i felt full
could've stopped and left myself a nice "leftover meal" for later
but i didn't
i continued to eat
and now that i'm home and there were onions in my lunch
i'm noshing on gluten free chocolate chip cookies to kill the taste

i'm not physically hungry
but i'm not physically full
do I just keep going to get that FULL feeling?
I've toyed with this idea before
when i do "eat for no physical reason" i eat until i'm so full i can't move
so that i feel tight in my skin
no more space
like a big bear hug
which makes sense since my love language is physical touch

i'm not necessarily feeling unloved
so why?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"i'm not necessarily feeling unloved"

yes, that's true for *now...at this point in your life*

but when did you feel unloved prior to this present moment? when, long ago, did you need to feel full of love but got a cookie instead?

Babsness said...

you know, it's months from the day I typed this entry and a's response
looking back on it now, after i've done some sessions with my therapist, resonate sooo much
I still don't know WHY I feel my feelings, but I am getting closer to them and it's definitely a step in the right direction