3/26/09

looking for help

I spent a bit of time today surfing on the OA site
there's a meeting not far from here
then there are online meetings and email loops
I might lurk there...but i'm not sure the group meeting thing is for me

I did call my EAP for a referral
the person who answers the phone is a counselor too and she spent a long time with me on the phone (and she was from Austin...go figure...both of my soul sistahs are there right now)

I'm definitely ready for the behavior modification part
I know the food part
hell I still binged when I was skinny, I just binged on carrots and celery
so maybe i didn't gain any weight but the underlying behavior was still there
i still turned to food for comfort

She gave me the names of 4 local counselors who have eating disorders listed under their specialties...so I'll do some research and see who I wanna see
I will make my decision by April 1st
no foolin

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

No chance WW will work again?

Babsness said...

I'm not sure WW will work again as I've been on and off it for years. I think when I started to notice weight coming back on, and I went to MY leadership for help and got the cold shoulder, I somehow "lost faith"
But right now, it's not a "know the right way to eat" thing, I KNOW that...I think I was a pretty darned good leader, but it's an emotional thing, I'm in need of some changes there...not just a food plan know what I mean?

Jennifer said...

I think you were a pretty darned good leader too! I get not needing the food plan. As someone who isn't on WW right now though, I can say that the accountability of it all helped... though not if you get the cold shoulder! That wasn't cool. I think they were just intimidated by your overall awesomeness.

Babsness said...

tee hee...Jennifer you made me think of Kung Fu Panda..."they were destroyed by overexposure to my AWESOMENESS"

:)

Jennifer said...

That should be your new mantra! Maybe the tag line on your blog. If you don't use it, I might! :)