4/27/09

Cleaning up

Okay
it's not a diet
if one of the benefits is weight loss, I'll take it
but the hub and I started the 6 week body make-over months ago
I loved it, he hated it. I loved how I felt when I followed the program
I loved how I found myself eating to sustain my body rather than to obtain a feeling
I stopped because he stopped (I'm sure there are other reasons there but that's the one I chose when I stopped...)
This sounds weird but when eating wasn't as "enjoyable" I didn't turn to it for fulfillment. It's not that the food is bad...it's not (hub just isn't used to the way real food tastes) it's just not laden with all the added stuff like oil, salt, sugar, etc.
Yes, I noticed a difference in my size when we started the program before...but more importantly I felt so very good. My poop was FINALLY normal (yes, I said poop, it's been a chronic symptom of mine that no one could figure out the root cause of... I've had funky textured poop for a few years now...they just tell me that's my normal poop...um, hello!!! NO!) Enough of the poop talk (heck this is MY blog right? and it IS one of my weiredest symptoms)
My energy was GREAT, my hunger was NIL, my cravings were gone. So...I'm following again, along with some mindfulness about how to eat for my dominant element.

My intention for this week is to let the 36 year old intelligently feed herself, so the 11 year old can begin to make herself heard. Heck...if both of myselves are stuffing food in order to feel good, I'll never get resolution. So my 36 year old that understands, is focused on eating to live, (cliche, yes I know) so she can nurture and teach the 11 year old there are other ways to feel love, support and validation.


No comments: