6/23/09

Kitchen Floor Cookies


No, this isn't a recipe although if you google that phrase it links to several recipes
This was the culmination of my afternoon
but this is a good story

We're entertaining the energy team tonight
I think there are 6 of us all together
We're making individual pizzas
I made my gluten free crust this afternoon
everyone is bringing toppings
should be fun...and help us get the creative energy flowing

I also bought gluten free chocolate chip cookie mix for dessert
blessed my time by cutting in the butter and egg and shaping them with love
as the first tray came out of the oven, the cookie rack slipped and 12 cookies hit the floor

I looked at the floor in disbelief
the two young'ns must've been scared because I had just finished being upset that #1son blew off the fact that his room needed to be clean for tonight (I don't ask for this a lot...God created closeable doors for a reason). Honestly, I don't feel as though the two issues were connected.
Interesting

As I cleaned the mess, middleone helped
and I quietly pondered how somewhere inside of me there was a piece that actually would've considered eating them, the pieces on the floor that is.
That somewhere inside was very foreign, not at all a desire, just something I recognized about myself.

I got over it and finished making the rest of the cookies
I ate two cookies
the rest are for guests after dinner tonight
yeah i ate em coz i was stressed and the warm gooeyness was good
but I didn't eat the ones off the floor
and I didn't lay into #1son
and he cleaned AND vacuumed his room in time

No comments: