7/28/09

Day 2

Woot Woot!
Day 2 of my couch to 5k training week 1
tonight I used the "Are you there God, it's me chubby" podcast. I think I like it better than the podrunner ...not as "techno" more indie...like me :)

I ran all of my intervals tonight...woot woot

I'm using a treadmill on our porch
popped a breaker...used my walking interval to walk into the house and flip the breaker (but dammit lost track of my distance covered...grrr)
got back on in time for the next running interval and gosh darn it if it didn't happen again

okay...typically the me that I know well would've just said fuck it and called it quits
maybe even grabbed a snack before plopping onto my lazy-boy

but today's me (the one I'm just meeting) grabbed the iPod and started lapping the yard
in full view of the kids, the neighbors, the neighbor's kid (who was hanging out right outside our fence line for who knows what reason) and I just kept going...
through every interval and the walking cool down
stopped to stretch in the back yard then headed in for the "sit down" stretches (coz our grass makes my legs itchy...dang st augustine grass, it's not even florida friendly so why the heck is it the grass of choice...oops, i digress)

circled into the bedroom and caught the sight of myself in the full length mirror
me, sweaty and in my spandex capris and t-shirt
"Wow, middle aged mom butt!" You know the kind where the tops of your thighs are actually wider than your hips?
Then I contemplated whether or not 37 can be considered middle aged...probably close
THEN i realized that even IF i happen to have middle aged mom butt right now, how many middle aged mom butt spandex wearin women do you know that are willing to run around the yard in front of the neighbors

so there
:)

1 comment:

Karen said...

Wow! You rock, lady!