7/9/09

nourishing myself


mmmmm fresh bread

A few weeks ago I scored a double loaf bread maker (2 1lb loaves at a time) on Craigslist for 40 bucks.

I tried it out Tuesday (at which time I didn't realize the capacity).
I got a dual loaf maker so I could make the fam regular bread and myself Gluten free bread...and so I can make bread for communion at church on Sundays. We've been trying the regular bread with a few gluten free crackers on the side...but inevitably someone dips their bread in the gluten free chalice and voila...cross contamination so I offered to make bread.

So...Tuesday night, I made bread from a mix
i didn't realize it was for a 1.5lb loaf
my maker is a 1lb loaf machine...so while it was tasty, it was waaaaay dense.

Tonight I tried again...from a mix but this time I portioned it for my maker...
yummm...with a shmear of pb and a drizzle of raw honey it was a perfect dinner (I wasn't very hungry). The hub even liked it too!

I remember when I used to avoid bread like the plague
thought for sure it would hit my hips and be the death of me

Amazing how tonight I was satisfied with the thinnest, warm slice with a transparent shmear of pb...I used to eat that stuff by the spoonfuls...large one's at that, and yes I'd double dip!
It's a nice newness.

No comments: