7/6/09

Mindful does not mean mistake-free

Sunday
Mindful at breakfast, ate only what I needed

Out to lunch
Found Gluten-Free Fare (at an Italian restaurant no less!)
Shared a meal with Bm
Enjoyed a “shot” of dessert
Brought home a for-me-later bag (I don’t share with the dog)…yes even with SHARING my meal I was satisfied enough to bring some home for later!

Dinner
The for-me-later bag was perfect

Later…
Started thinking I may want to open the fridge and see what was in it
Realized I was just bored
Read some of my book
Thought about the fridge again
Realized I would love to go for a stroll…through historic downtown, through the mall…but it was 7pm on a Sunday…all the windows are rolled up by then
Did the dishes, threw in a load of laundry, did my push-ups
Sat back down…still thinking about the fridge door…although the constant dialogue in my head really WAS “you’re not hungry, so why do you keep thinking about the fridge door?”
Said out loud I was bored and needed to do something or else I would eat
Hub was into his movie so I decided to go weed the garden
Weeded. Pruned. Watered. Fertilized.
Came back in sat down…still bored
Push-ups in the bedroom, sorted some laundry
Watching a movie
I opted for pop-corn
Jiffy Pop to be exact
Popped, lightly salted and buttered
Hub wanted some and I got “greebby” (greedy and grabby) and influenced him to make his own

We both ughfully decided afterwards we should’ve shared

So next time, I’ll share the popcorn
And we’ll probably still throw some away

All in all a nice mindful day

This morning…
Mindful breakfast
Packed a lunch
Realized 10 minutes into my 20 minute drive I left my lunch in the fridge
Yogurt as a mid morning snack because I truly was hungry
Soup and Salad for lunch…and 20 minutes with my book because it’s good to take a LUNCH BREAK
Just popped 2 mini york patties because I felt like my mouth needed them, not my tummy

I used to pack a toothbrush in my purse for just that very reason
Tonight I’ll dig it out and pack it for tomorrow…and other such occasions

Again…a nice mindful day thus far
Buddha would be proud J Heck, Shirley would be clapping from the clouds too.

No comments: