4/15/10

The next BIG thing

If you've read my 100 List or have followed my blog for any length of time, you'll know that one of my aspirations is to be a writer...a published writer.
Yes, I realize that technically everytime I "publish post" I am a published writer but that's not what I mean!

A few weeks ago I submitted a writing sample to Examiner.com.
A few days later I got this...
Dear Babetta,


Thanks for applying at Examiner.com! We have reviewed your information, and think you would make an excellent Orlando Liberal Christian Examiner (in our Religion & Spirituality channel).
It took my breath away to read!

Now I'm official and I published MY FIRST ARTICLE last night.
Writing it came easy and I swear when I hit the "publish" button, I squeeled and jumped out of my seat!
Hub looked at me with a raised eyebrow to which I exclaimed...
"I'm official! I just published my first on-line article!"

Okay now this one DOES feel fantastic
I told everyone I could think to share with RIGHT AWAY
I posted a link on Facebook, I sent emails and texts and messages
I guess I'm *gulp* PROUD of this one ;)

Nearest I can figure I feel really positive about this because it's another step in the direction I REALLY want to go with my life...
there's potential
there's hope
there's change

and I like hopey changey stuff
~grin~

3 comments:

mariposai said...

Yay congrats :-) You have every right to be proud, and I'm glad that you are allowing yourself to enjoy the feeling.

Nice one!

Sarah x

Babsness said...

Thanks Sarah!
This is what "High Five" feels like :)

Nicole said...

Congratulations! What an exciting opportunity, and I really liked your article. One of the reasons I love and admire my pastor so much is because she is so accepting of everyone who walks through her door. Before communion she slows down and says" "Everyone is welcome at God's table." And she repeats that three times.

Very well done! :)