4/14/10

Noticing a trend here...

After today's experience making my point with the credit card company and this month's episode with mom,
I'm seeing that for me, there is something to this speaking up stuff...speaking up.

I have this quote on a bumper sticker....LOVE IT!
That kinda ties in with my spiritual gifts theory seeing as I really didn't shut-up much when I was a kid.
I don't know when that changed...

I do know that these past two experiences have been calming. I can't find a better word than that.
This morning when I finished on the phone...I was a bit exhilarated but I felt resolution...I honored the piece of me that holds a strong belief in paying what I owe AND I spoke up about feeling wronged.

Just like with mom.

And in both cases
each time
at the exact moment the opposite party said, "You're right, I (we) did that..." I felt resolution.

I can hear my therapist now..."resolution isn't a 'feeling' word" how did that make you FEEL?"
Okay
I felt calm
I felt warm
I felt like the puzzle pieces fit together
maybe this is what validation FEELS like?

So now...
I just have to figure out why I tend to avoid this feeling like the plague!
xo




1 comment:

mariposai said...

It's all about being assertive, which is so hard, and I'm so glad you were able to exercise it on not just one, but two occasions. I still find it really hard to be assertive, so it's inspiring to see that you have gotten so much from this.

Here's to more resolutions :-)

Sarah x