4/6/10

Verbal Vomit

I don't know why I started eating but I did notice I started
had some left over pork fried rice when I got home from work and a cheese stick
that wasn't too bad...logged it...all good
It's gonna be around 8 or so before dinner with all the household extracurriculars and I had a bowl of soup for lunch.
Then I got munchy
so I had 4 graham crackers with some home made strawberry jam
then I got out the peanut butter
then I ate the rest of the jam
yup
right out of the jar
now mind you, there was maybe 1/4 cup of jam left but really? right out of the frickin jar?
then I had some roasted peanuts
probably about a cup full in all
ugh
and you know what
my brain wanted more
I stopped because my daughter had to head off to tumbling
we got there and found out it was cancelled tonight which is a good thing because I really couldve been at risk for dropping her off and hitting the 7-11 for some fritos or some other gloriously awful binge type food
WHY?
I'm soothing
but WHAT?
It hasn't been a bad day...in fact, it's been an awesome day
I figured out a catchy brand for my podcast/blog and started brainstorming the episode schedule
I had lots of good laughs with my BFF
Works was good
I felt a little teary watching something funny on TV (I don't get that...tears at funny?)
I'm not premenstrual or menstrual...that was last week
so WHY?

JOAN is being oddly quiet

Since I'm just thinking out loud here I'm gonna run with the idea that maybe it's because I'm excited about my podcast/blog idea
I want to travel
I want to write
I want to teach/lecture/counsel
and I thought of a real deal brand/concept that encompasses everything I want to travel/write/teach/lecture/counsel about
I feel excited about it
I feel like it's something I can do and be good at
I feel like it could really make a difference in the world...or at least my little sphere of influence

But you'll never do it
you get these ideas and then they just sit there, on a shelf
who will hire you
how much will you charge
how will you ever make money at this
who will even listen to you
hell only 4 people read your blog

Ahhh...there she is
sigh

I stopped eating
I told my daughter
I told the blogosphere...all 4 of you
I restarted my counter
and I'm staying true to myself
Authentic
I am what I am and that's all I can be

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

You are so brave.

Can I be honest with you? It is hard to feel sad when you have to restart your counter because it seems each restart comes with some new viewpoint on who you are. Each time you learn something new about yourself. I guess one way I kind of look at your counter is as one way to measure how long it has been since you had your last breakthrough.

And just 4 of us? Nah, that is just the people who comment. And research shows that only 10% of people comment on blogs. So you might have 40 readers!

mariposai said...

Jennifer is right, I did a poll back on my blog and it's amazing how many people read but don't comment.

It's been inspiring to read about how you are learning to argue back against Joan. You are so strong and determined, and I love how you have picked up all the positives in this post.

Keep up the fantastic work! And may Joan get quieter and quieter ;)

Sarah x

Babsness said...

Thanks Jennifer and Sarah!
Okay I think I like the 'reframe' on the counter thing Jennifer! :-) don't ever be anything but honest with me!
Sarah...you know what? last night while my fingers were composing 'verbal vomit' I typed Joan, not JOAN. I went back and edited it but there's something there...lowercase letters here we come!!
xo

Nicole said...

Well, you can tell joan that 5 people now read your blog :) And I think you are really great!

*hugs*
Nicole

p.s. Jennifer and Sarah are right, way more people read than comment, so you are probably reaching more people than you know :)